Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hey Germany, I like you!

So, I'm still in Germany and it's getting better all the time. Thanks to Herr W, my German teacher for one year in high school, I can ... stumble my way through life here. At night, hanging out with Lena's friends, I make a fool of myself and attempt to speak German, but they seem to enjoy it and I always get complimented on my German, but only after Lena tells them how little I took and how long ago it was. Oh well.

Today, I ate fries with curry ketchup (which is amazing, btw), and mayonnaise and fresh onions. It was delightful but I kind of felt like I was going to barf afterwards. I basically wanted more curry ketchup and less mayo but it was very tasty so it's alright.

I also found some Vitamin C tablets that are a lot like Alka Seltzer but they taste way better. Except, now that I think about it, I have never consumed Alka Seltzer so I don't really know-- I just feel like they must be gross, right? But these tablets, oh these, they make a pink drink so it should taste like pink lemonade, on would think, but it doesn't! No, it tastes like orange, which I prefer anyways! I don't know why, but I have not been able to find Vit. C anywhere in France, not even at the natural/bio stores. Once I found it and it was 80 some euros for one bottle. Nuh uh, bio store, I am not paying YOU that much money!

So anyways, now I have 20 rolls of these tablets, and each roll has 20 vitamin c tablets in it. Oops. I think I need an intervention. But please don't intervene, actually, because I am quite content to have paid 45 cents for each one. I consider it a steal!

5 comments:

  1. You usually have to go to a pharmacy to find vitamins in France. I've never seen them at grocery stores even though they're not real medication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angela - ich liebe dich auch, mutti. :)

    @Jennie - Ahhh, that would do it. I'm pretty content with my vitamin fizzy things, but I'll know where to go in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked hearing about the vitamins again because I know how much you like them and how excited you must have been to have found some more economical vitamin C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE CURRY KETCHUP... I want to start an importing buisness for it I think it would be a big hit in Canada

    ReplyDelete